Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Brooke's 1st Mani Pedi

I have been telling Brooke for awhile now that if she stopped sucking her thumb at night, I would take her to my nail lady, Miss Lily. Well, it finally sunk in and she stopped sucking her thumb. I told her for her 4th birthday, I would take her there and she could have her nails and toes done. Grammy was coming to town so I told Brooke that all 3 of us could go together and make it a girls day.

When we got to the nail place, Brooke asked me if she could have her fingernails done too. She asked me, "will my dad freak out?" I told her as long as she didn't get hooker red. I of course left off the hooker part. We chose 2 different shades of purple.

While Brooke was sitting in the pedicure chair with the bubbles on, she looked at me and told me that she really like it. And that folks is when the DIVA in training was really born! She did so well. I thought for sure she wouldn't sit still long enough for the lady to work on her but she did. She looked so grown up with her hand in the water bowl to soak while they worked on her other hand. My little "baby monkey" is growing up so fast. The 3 of us had a great day at the nail salon. They were super great with Brooke and she got the star treatment and got flowers on her fingers and toes along with little jewel beads in the center. Hopefully my rough and tumble girl won't have it all chipped off in day!

No comments: