Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Brooke's 4th Birthday

When Brooke woke up this morning, she had the blow up birthday cake outside of her door waiting for her. I also decked out the house downstairs with birthday signs and banners and of course a monkey balloon! We really try to separate the kids' birthdays so they each have their own special day that is all about them.

No crazy birthday party this year. Just a quiet family event which was very nice. I started a tradition this year I hope to carry on for many more years. I told the kids I would make them whatever they wanted for dinner OR we could go out to dinner. Well, going out to dinner must be a very fun thing to do when you are 4 since they jumped at the chance. Either that or they don't like my cooking!!

When Brooke was asked this question, she quickly jumped on it and stated that she wanted to go to Red Robin. I told her we could do that. Grammy & Pop Pop were in town so they were able to come with us. What a treat!


Once we were seated at our table, we had a wonderful waitress who really catered to the kids. I made sure to tell her that it was Brooke's birthday. Brooke was really excited when they brought her an ice cream sundae and a balloon and sang to her. She was excited with the ice cream since it was her 2nd time that day! She asked if it was "her cake." I told her it was not and that I had a special one at home. Brooke is still really into monkeys so I got a tip from someone at work about a dessert place. I called and sent the lady a picture of a monkey. She made a monkey cake for Brooke. Brooke like it and that is all that matters. After singing happy birthday to our birthday girl, Grammy & Pop Pop had a "bag o' goodies" for lil miss Brooke. All sorts of stuff for the birthday girl! She loved the little Disney Princess player and passed right by the clothes! Just like a kid. It was hard to have Kyle sit there and watch. We have celebrated their birthdays on the same day for the past 3 years and they hace always opened presents together. They got to play with her new "loot" and then it was time for bed. Brooke was hopped up on so much sugar from ice cream and cake that I figured it would be impossible for her to go to bed. Luckily, it wasn't too hard.

No comments: